Customer: CPAC (Canadian Public Affairs Channel)
Application: Bannister Lake Software – BL Elector
Platform: RossVideo XPression Studio
Bannister Lake delivered a complete Election package for CPAC’s coverage of the 2015 Canadian Federal Election.
- Project involved initial consultation with CPAC producers, editorial staff and graphics.
- Producers developed a rundown and playlist structure for pre-production planning and rehearsals. This helped determine the type of graphics required for the telecast.
- 2D and 3D Graphics were created for Candidates, Ridings, Popular and Historical Vote. New or modified layouts were pushed to the Elector database for Playlist creation.
- BL Elector Headshot importer streamlined the ingest of Candidate headshots into Elector database.
- Bannister Lake’s Election simulator application enabled producers and staff to create and save a wide variety of real time Election rehearsal scenarios prior to Election Day.
- On Election night, the CP Election Reader populated Elector with real time results from Elections Canada.
- The Producer and Elector Player operator had immediate access to pre-defined Playlists and graphic elements running on 2 separate channels.